| F. H. Myers Construction Corp. encourages highly motivated and
experienced construction professionals to consider opportunities within our
We are always interested in reviewing resumes for additional strong team players, committed to workplace safety and challenges of continued growth in the commercial construction field.
As our company continues to expand, we periodically review position requirements.
The Administrative Assistant's function at F. H. MYERS CONSTRUCTION CORP. is to clerical support the President, Office Manager and Project Managers by the efficient coordination of clerical office and field activities for projects assigned.
The purpose of this standard procedure is to define the job description of the Administrative Assistant through the outline of her duties, authority and responsibilities.
The Administrative Assistant derives the authority from the
Office Manager/Project Manager for the proper discharge of her duties.
The Administrative Assistant's principal duty is to clerical support the President, Office Manager, and Project Managers. In order to carry out this particular duty, the following duties must be properly fulfilled:
1. Prepare all subcontracts, purchase orders and maintain all logs.
2. Proficiently administer all clerical duties such as typing, filing, etc.
3. Prepare all change orders to subcontracts and purchase orders.
4. Prepare all transmittals which transmit anything leaving the office without a cover letter.
5. Maintain shop drawing and submittal logs.
6. Prepare all change order proposals received from the project manager.
7. Prepare all change orders to the contract.
8. Maintain all stick files for each project.
9. Follow through and expedite all mail for mailing.
10. Maintain project schedule.
11. Must be computer literate with basic knowledge of word perfect.
12. Be able to develop ability to assist Project Manager/Estimator in entering computer scheduling and estimating data.
13. Assist Project Manager/Estimator and Superintendent in scheduling material deliveries.
14. Assist Project Manager/Estimator with bid solicitations; receiving subcontract and material quotations; preparation of bidding documents.
15. Preparation of monthly estimates to owner.
16. Knowledge in recording, in the appropriate Recorder of Mortgage Office, Contact Documents, Substantial Completion Certificate and Lien and Privilege Certificate for each project.
17. Assist Project Manager/Estimator and Superintendent to secure and organize all project close out documents.
18. Have thorough knowledge of procedures manual.
The above outline of duties are not arranged in order of priority. Those duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. Those duties will from time to time be altered by the Office Manager/Project Manager to suit the needs of the company.
This standard procedure for the job description of the Administrative Assistant will become part of the company policy, upon the approval of the Office Manager/Project Manager and remain in effect until superseded or canceled by the same authority.