| F. H. Myers Construction Corp. encourages highly motivated and
experienced construction professionals to consider opportunities within our
We are always interested in reviewing resumes for additional strong team players, committed to workplace safety and challenges of continued growth in the commercial construction field.
As our company continues to expand, we periodically review position requirements.
The Carpenter Helper's function at F. H. MYERS CONSTRUCTION CORP. is to perform all job related assignments as assigned by the Job Superintendent. This position is important to our firm and the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities contribute to the overall success of the company.
The purpose of this standard procedure is to define the job description of the Carpenter Helper through the outline of his duties an responsibilities.
The Carpenter Helper derives authority from the Job Superintendent and is granted full authority to carry out the duties set forth in this job description.
The Carpenter Helper is directly responsible to the Job Superintendent for the proper discharge of his duties.
1. To assist in the layout of foundation, building lines and anchor bolts.
2. Assist with elevations and grades.
3. Assist carpenter in all formwork related functions.
4. Wood Framing.
5. Assist setting hollow metal doors and frames.
6. Hang wood doors and install hardware.
7. Install millwork trim and cabinets.
8. Install toilet accessories.
9. Concrete placement of minor slabs, sidewalks, etc. Assist with slabs and elevated structures.
10. To Receive materials and off load in a safe and proficient fashion.
11. Prepare to perform job related assignments at designated start time.
12. Continually work to improve skills and complete tasks in an expedient manner for future advancement.
13. To perform daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies.
14. Responsible to acquire tools needed to perform carpentry tasks during the course of your assignment.
The above outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. Those duties will from time to time be altered by the Job Superintendent to suit the needs of the company.
This standard procedure for the job description of Carpenter Helper will become part of the company policy upon the approval of the Job Superintendent and remain in effect until superseded or canceled by the same authority.