| F. H. Myers Construction Corp. encourages highly motivated and
experienced construction professionals to consider opportunities within our
We are always interested in reviewing resumes for additional strong team players, committed to workplace safety and challenges of continued growth in the commercial construction field.
As our company continues to expand, we periodically review position requirements.
VICE PRESIDENT OF FIELD OPERATIONS
The Vice President of Field Operations primary function for F. H. Myers Construction Corp. is to provide oversight of all field operations, management and direction of Superintendents and all field employees. The position is to ensure that all resources of the company are managed and coordinated in an efficient and professional manner on all projects, in order to perform work within the budget and ahead of schedule. The following is a broad prospectus of the duties and responsibilities.
1.Plan, organize and staff key field positions to accommodate the specific project requirements.
2.Monitor project objectives, company policies, procedures and performance standards of all field personnel.
3.Monitor material and supply procurement, as well as, management and distribution of equipment.
4.Monitor the distribution of all labor resource and maintain tool inventory.
5.Represent the company and fulfill duties as Safety Director.
The purpose of this standard procedure is to clearly define the job description of the
Vice President of Field Operations through the outline of his/her duties, authorities and responsibilities
The Vice President of Field Operations reports directly to the President and is granted full authority to hire, terminate and recommend for promotion all personnel under his/her authority.
The Vice President of Field Operations is directly responsible to the President for the proper discharge of his/her duties. He/she may delegate a portion of his authority to other qualified personnel, but does not relinquish his/her responsibility.
The Vice President of Field Operations principle duty is the overall coordination of field construction activities for the company. The following are minimal duties to successfully perform his/her responsibilities:
1. Recruitment and hiring of competent field personnel and be responsible for their performance.
2. Maintain professional relationships with Vendors/Subcontractors for the purpose of the successful completion of our projects.
3. Monitor and review time sheets and daily reports.
4. Develop training programs for the improvement of all field personnel.
5. Negotiate with Vendors for purchasing of equipment, material and supplies.
6. Coordinate company and /or rental equipment for efficient utilization.
7. Represent the company in the capacity of Safety Director to oversee the Safety Program.
8. Develop and implement a standard project setup procedure including computer connections with the main office, office trailers, phone systems, legal notice requirements and all other services necessary for project support.
9. Develop and manage a tool/equipment inventory procedure.
10. Assist Superintendents in project related issues as needed.
11. Monitor construction through the Project Management Team in collaboration with the project site Superintendent to ensure that the project is built ahead of schedule and within budget.
12. Represent the company at project related meetings as requested.
13. Monitor Superintendent relations with Clients, Architects and Engineer contacts to facilitate construction activities.
14. Monitor duties of Project Managers as they relate to the coordination of project specific issues.
15. Assist Project Managers/Estimators in the review of estimates as requested.
16. Assist Project Mangers with Client and/or Subcontractor relationships as required.
17. Develop relationships with equipment rental and material vendors for discounts.
18. Monitor project closeout, as builts and expedite punchlist items to ensure prompt final payments.
19. Company liaison to corporate insurance agent to ensure proper OSHA reports and records are maintained.
The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company and the President.
This standard procedure will become part of the company policy and remain in effect until canceled or amended by the President